Volunteers are an essential part of our programs. We gratefully accept individuals or groups from any part of the world who have a willing heart and knowledge/skills to bring to a project.
- You can join us as a volunteer at any time of year you like.
- You can work as a teacher or a helper or mentor on a Horticultural project.
- You can join us individually or with a group.
Previous volunteers have learned so much from our programs, so we hope this will be a great learning opportunity for you too, not just a teaching experience.
Programs you can join
- Teaching children
- Organic farming in a village
When you take part in one of our programs, you’ll stay in one of our host homes with a warm, welcoming host family. For more details, please read our The Homestay Experience page.
Join at any time
As our programs are ongoing, you can join us at any time of year. All that we ask is that you apply online a little ahead of time to give us time to make arrangements for your stay.
Choosing your placement
You can choose the location you want to work in when you apply online, or decide later when you visit our office.
Before you begin
Once you’ve arrived, we’ll give you a program and cultural introduction before you start your program.
Flexible work project
You can work on multiple projects with us in a single visit. You can choose the projects you want to work on first and the length of your stay.
What we require from volunteers
- You must be aged 15 or older (Volunteers younger than 15 would need to come with a guardian)
- Have a sound knowledge or skill of the subject you intend to teach
- Good English speaking skills
- A desire to make a difference
- You must be healthy enough to work
- You must not be suffering from a communicable disease
For organic farming work
- You must be aged 16 or older. (Volunteers younger than 16 must come with a guardian)
- Be willing to make a difference
- Healthy enough to work
- Not suffering from a communicable disease
- You don’t need to have horticultural knowledge/skills to work on this project. You can help local farmers doing onsite work.
If you want to volunteer, you do not need experience or an intense knowledge of the English language.
Benefits of volunteering
- You’ll get a volunteer identity card, giving you free entry to many tour destinations.
- You’ll be awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for your valuable volunteer work, which could help you with future career opportunities.
- We can take you on a tour around your project location, which will help save you money.
- You will be a cherished member of the Samarpan Nepal Family.
How to join us
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Online Application form.
Or, if you have any questions, please fill out our online Contact form.
We look forward to welcoming you!